Many advertisiers have struggled with LinkedIn ads: low leads, plummeting CTRs causing zero impressions. Let’s get real. Want to survive + succeed? See my guide that lays out the exact formula to keep LinkedIn ads running smoothly. “Guide to LinkedIn PPC Ads: How to Succeed in 2013” published on ClickZ.
If you’re looking for something more simplistic, check out “Relevancy Is Key to Reaching Professionals With LinkedIn PPC Ads“, also on ClickZ.
Featured ad tips
Keep ads as relevant to the target audience as possible. Here’s how:
- Wednesdays are typically a high-volume day for traffic and page views, therefore, consider doing any optimizations or launching new campaigns by Wednesday. The volume then starts to drop off before the weekend.
- For ad images, test images of professional men and women, preferably smiling and looking forward or to the right toward the ad copy. Unless the brand logo is very well known to the target audience, images with business professionals perform very well when tested against brand logos.
- Offers can also be included in LinkedIn Ads. Like most online marketing, LinkedIn users also respond well to free offers targeted to the professional audience.
- Headlines are important and should speak directly to the titles you’re targeting with a selling point in each of the ads.
- Engage your audience using questions or key selling points.